Culinary Arts & Leo's Bistro
The Culinary Arts strand at Leichman is all about introducing and teaching students to be comfortable with cooking and food preparation. The strand includes an instructional kitchen and operates both a bistro and catering services. The bistro, known as Leo’s Bistro, serves as an on-campus coffee shop where patrons can order treats and take a break in a relaxing environment. Students in the bistro work on their customer service skills while students in the kitchen focus on receiving and fulfilling food orders and prepping for future events. Some of the tasks required include but are not limited to:
- Making sure the cooking and food service areas are thoroughly cleaned before and after every work day.
- Learning how to craft the various drinks and sandwiches that are available for purchase.
- Learning how to measure ingredients and make baked goods.
- Creating shopping lists and travelling to grocery stores to restock supplies.
- Catering food for events that happen on campus or travelling to cater events at other locations.
Take a look at our menus and visit Leo's Bistro today.